Launch of Centre for Cultural Research and Development, Lingnan University
Launch of Centre for Cultural Research and Development
Lingnan University, Hong Kong
30 November 2020, 4-6 PM (Singapore/Hong Kong)
Register here: https://bit.ly/33S5rJo
Co-hosted by the NUS Cultural Research Centre and the Inter-Asia Cultural Studies Society, this event is to celebrate the launch of the Centre for Cultural Research and Development at Lingnan University in Hong Kong.
CCRD is the research centre affiliated with Lingnan University’s Department of Cultural Studies. It has four ambitious research programmes, titled: Cultures of Mobility and Migration, Cultures of Sustainability, Cultures of Sound and Music, Virality and Digital Futures.
Moderated by Prof Audrey Yue, the Director of the NUS Cultural Research Centre, the speakers include the coordinators of each programme, namely:
- Prof Tejaswini Niranjana, who specializes in digital cultural studies, gender and sexuality in Asia, performance studies and performance theory.
- Dr Roberto Castillo, who studies migration and mobility, transnationality, cultural representations and politics, digital humanities and Africans in China and Africa-China relations.
- Dr Anjeline De Dios, whose scholarship includes geographies of cultural labour, creative and cultural industries and popular music studies.
- Dr Lau, Kin-chi, who researches translation and cultural studies, gender studies and comparative literature.
- Go to https://bit.ly/33S5rJo
- Registration closes on 27 November 2020
- Zoom link and related information will be sent by 28 November 2020
- The session may be recorded.
- By virtue of attending the event, all participants agree to appear in the use of such recordings.
- For any enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org