CALL For APPLICATIONS: Para Site Workshops For Emerging Art Professionals 2018
Call for Applications from our sister institution, Para Site Gallery, HK
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Para Site Workshops for Emerging Art Professionals 2018 / Scholarships offered
Applications Due: June 1, 2018
Workshop Dates: November 24 – December 2, 2018
Para Site is pleased to announce the 2018 Workshops for Emerging Art Professionals, alongside the annual International Conference, which will take place on November 29 – December 1.
In this fourth successive edition, we will work with a group of emerging curators, writers, critics, researchers, and other arts professionals from Hong Kong and abroad, through a series of closed-door workshops, lectures, and site-visits. This 9-day intensive programme is designed to provide learning and thinking opportunities, mediated by reputed speakers from Para Site’s International Conference as well as by art practitioners from across Hong Kong’s diverse institutional landscape. The programme provides a laboratory for experimentation, posing fundamental questions and ideas that challenge various models of curatorial practice. It will also offer opportunities for networking and enhance the development of systems intending to nurture the participants’ careers.
Para Site will offer a limited number of scholarships to support the participation of outstanding young professionals.
– A proposal (max. 1,000 words) for a curatorial project, which includes the concept, list of artists, and the institutional/geographical context for the project. This can be a purely hypothetical project, but it should be realistic and responsive to the nominated context.
– A description or review (max. 600 words) of a curatorial project that has made an impact on the applicant.
– Curriculum Vitae, including an extensive description of relevant working experience.
– One reference letter.
– The course will be delivered in English.
– There is no tuition fee for the programme, selected participants will be responsible for travel and accommodation expenses. Para Site will cover daily meals and local transportation for all of the site visits.
– A number of scholarships supporting accommodation and travel costs are available and will be awarded based on application. If you would like to apply for a scholarship, please also include a letter of motivation with your application.
Please send completed applications in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2018. Applicants will be notified of the results in mid-July 2018.